Whether being served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, as a snack or full-meal, these versatile, flavour-filled fritters will certainly satisfy anyone’s taste-buds. Sharp and nutty, Parmigiano-Reggiano adds well to the mild, and delicate flavour of the courgettes. These delicious, crispy fritters are the perfect way to add more greens to your plate. Serve on a bed of mixed leaves and with a dollop of crème fraiche. Enjoy!
For 8 fritters
- 400g grated zucchini (courgette), excess water removed/ dried off
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 4 tbsp. curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 75g plain flour
- 1 egg
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Butter or oil for the pan
- Quark or crème fraiche
- Mixed salad leaves
- Grate the courgette and dry it between a few sheets of paper towel to remove moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients with a whisk.
- Heat a frying pan with butter or oil.
- Add the batter to the pan with a tablespoon.
- Turn the fritters with a spatula and fry until golden brown.
- Serve immediately on a bed of mixed salad leaves topped with quark or crème fraiche.
Author: Danica Utermohlen
Picture credits: Danica Utermohlen