This fresh and hydrating recipe sure is nicer enjoyed on a hot summer’s days. However, if you want a cool kick start in the morning for your electrolytes, don’t give it a miss! Make sure though that if you purchase packaged or canned coconut water instead of fresh coconut to read the label carefully to avoid the ones with added sugar.
For 1 portion
- 200 ml 100% Coconut water (no added sugar)
- 1 thumb size chunk cucumber
- Juice from 2 limes
- Small handful ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Roughly chop cucumber and add to the blender jug together with lime juice and coconut water. Blend everything until smooth.
- Serve with Ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint twigs.
Author: Danica Utermohlen
Picture credits: Danica Utermohlen
Disclaimer: This recipe has been edited. It was first published on 16/01/2015 for GloTIME, http://glotime.tv/january-detox-shakes-smoothies/